Imagine a world...
...in which U.S. high school students from Indian, Korean, Yemini, Afghani, Danish, and Lebanese cultural backgrounds come together to learn about each other and take action on issues such as international development, climate change, global inequities in education, and refugee and immigration concerns. WorldOregon’s "Young Leaders in Action" is a nine-month program which creates this opportunity for local teens—without the barrier of fees.
While the school year may be winding down, the WorldOregon education team is gearing up for an exciting and powerful year ahead. “Global Youth Leadership” is our uniting theme for all programming in the 2018-2019 year, including:
- Three teacher workshops addressing youth empowerment and cross-cultural education
- The highly anticipated full-day Youth Forum, engaging teens from more than 20 local high schools, focusing on peace and conflict resolution
- Over 8,000 elementary and high school students across the region accessing our "Culture Boxes" from more than 100 countries, enabling teachers to expand student understanding of cultures within their communities and worldwide
- Our signature teen program, Young Leaders in Action—building local youth capacity to effect change through collaborative service projects with a global perspective
WorldOregon’s mission is to broaden public awareness and understanding of international affairs and to engage the people of Oregon and SW Washington with the world. Has there ever been a moment in our recent history when this goal was more important? By recognizing the critical need to create globally-minded citizens among our youth, WorldOregon has made education a priority.
To those of you who have contributed as donors and members: We are so grateful for your past contributions! We need your continued support today to ensure that WorldOregon can deliver these K-12 programs to students now and in the future - and to train the teachers who will excite and engage those students. Your contribution will help eliminate barriers to success. Please use the enclosed card and envelope, or give online at www.worldoregon.org/donate before June 30th. It's a great chance to "spring" into action to help create more global citizens.
Thank you for being part of our world!
Did you know what your gift can do?
- $75 brings a culture box about India to a third grade classroom
- $100 helps a student teacher attend a Teach the World workshop
- $250 sponsors a youth delegation to attend the annual Youth Forum
- $500 brings seven culture boxes & training to a school’s multicultural night to highlight the rich diversity of the students & parents in the community
- $650 enrolls a sixteen-year old in the nine-month Youth Leaders in Action program
- $1,000 provides speakers for three breakout sessions at the annual Youth Forum