Current Volunteer Opportunities:
WorldOregon is currently seeking volunteers for the following events:
- January 24, 2020 - Great Decisions: Climate Change & the Global Order
- January 29, 2020 - Tim Boyle: Free Trade and Global Engagement
- January 31, 2020 - Great Decisions: the Philippines and the U.S.
- February 07, 2020 - Great Decisions: Modern Slavery and Human Trafficking
- February 12, 2020 - Karen Sherman: Brick by Brick (in conversation with Lisa Shannon)
- February 14, 2020 - Great Decisions: Artificial Intelligence and Data
- February 20, 2020 - Katie Taylor: America's Back Yard is on Fire
- February 21, 2020 - Great Decisions: Red Sea Security
- February 28, 2020 - Great Decisions: India and Pakistan
- February 29, 2020 - Educator's Forum--Expanding Culturally Relevant Teaching
- March 06, 2020 - Great Decisions: U.S. Relations with the Northern Triangle
Events volunteers assist with tabling, set-up, guest check-in and registration, and take-down. This position is ideal for someone interested in global issues and international affairs. Volunteers assist for a few hours per event, and can participate one time or on an ongoing basis.
WorldOregon is seeking a part-time volunteer or intern to support the Culture Box Program of its Global & Multicultural Resource Center. This position is ideal for someone with a flexible schedule looking for an interesting, fun volunteer commitment that helps bring the world to the classroom, such as a former K-12 teacher.
Current Internship Opportunities:
The International Visitor Program (IVP) team is responsible for approximately 500 international visitors each year participating in short-term professional study programs. The intern will have the opportunity to become familiar with an aspect of American foreign policy, which promotes citizen diplomacy thorough international friendship and understanding. S/he will be encouraged to escort visitors to appointments and attend professional meetings and will have an opportunity to meet WorldOregon staff working in additional areas that may be of particular interest to the intern.
Please find a full description of the internship here. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by the below deadlines to be considered. Please indicate which internship term you are applying for in the subject line.
Internship terms and application deadlines:
Winter/Spring 2020 (January - April): December 1, 2019
Summer 2021 (May/June - August/September): March 13, 2020
Fall 2020 (September - December): August 3, 2020
Winter/Spring 2021 (January - April): November 30, 2020
Community Service / Academic Credit Opportunities
Do you need credit for a school project or class? We welcome statements of interest throughout the year for any student who would like to get involved at WorldOregon to fulfill service learning requirements for their academic pursuits. Please email your resume and a brief cover letter to email@example.com to indicate interest in fulfilling your hours at WorldOregon.
Your cover letter should explain the requirements of your service hours, your specific interest in WorldOregon, and how serving at WorldOregon will fulfill your goals for the class.